Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
Burlington is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout all aspects of our business. We value the unique backgrounds, individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, capabilities, and contributions of all our associates, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
We recognize the significance of supporting a business culture and promoting accompanying behaviors that create welcoming and inclusive environments for our associates and customers. We value and affirm differences and acknowledge that associates from all backgrounds and experiences bring invaluable insights to the workplace and improve the way we conduct our business and serve our customers.
At Burlington, the tenets of diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our core values. These principles are supported by senior leadership and all associates are expected to maintain a culture in our workplaces that promotes these tenets and cultivates a supportive environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion includes:
- Growing our pool of diverse talent by attracting, recruiting, retaining, engaging, supporting, developing, and advancing underrepresented associates.
- Increasing our cultural competence by welcoming and affirming a diversity of perspectives to better support our associates and better serve our customers.
- Encouraging respectful communication of diverse viewpoints and facilitating cooperation between all associates and with guests and vendors.
- Creating structural mechanisms to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion into business operations, while also removing any systemic barriers that limit access and decrease opportunities for all.
- Ensuring that our initiatives and investments are properly aligned with organizational goals and priorities.
- Supporting initiatives that benefit the communities in which our associates and customers live and work.
- Seeking opportunities to engage diverse vendors/suppliers to increase opportunities for them to participate in our procurement process.
- Influencing humane work conditions and engaging in business with companies who share our commitment to promoting equitable and affirming work environments.
Scope and Definitions
This policy provides a framework for new and existing diversity, equity, and inclusion related initiatives at Burlington.
This policy applies to all associates, board members, agents, contractors, and subcontractors of Burlington.
Diversity is the assemblage of differences and similarities that include individual and organizational characteristics, values, beliefs, experiences, backgrounds, preferences, and behaviors. We honor and respect diversity, as it strengthens our company and fosters innovation and creativity, which improves associate engagement and performance.
Equity seeks to ensure that there is fair treatment in access, opportunity, and advancement for all associates by identifying and eliminating structural and systemic barriers.
Inclusion is the process of facilitating a psychologically safe and supportive work environment where everyone is empowered, actively engaged, and feels a true sense of belonging.
This Policy is administered by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy team in the Human Resources Department. All associates are required to report actual or suspected violations of this Policy. There will be no retaliation for reports made in good faith. Violations may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Any questions regarding a potential conflict between this Policy and applicable law, or any determination that a provision of this Policy conflicts with applicable law should be directed to the General Counsel’s Office.